Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Tuesday, January 17, 2006

We interrupt your regularly scheduled reading for a brief pity party

I was a bit aflutter over the weekend because I was 2 days late, and I had vague hopes that I would turn out to be pregnant. I was too afraid to take a pregnancy test and be disappointed, so I waited it out. I had felt crampy on and off since Friday, but I'm starting to feel that my body can't be trusted. Crampy or no, I end up getting my period, and finally, last night, I started spotting and later that night, my period arrived, bringing with it a LOT of cramps 'n' backache pain. Wooo!

I had hoped that I wouldn't have to actually resort to taking Clomid (we decided over the weekend that it seems the best course of action, given the timeframe we'd like to work within), but it's not to be. Naturally, I'm frustrated that my doctor can't find anything really physically wrong with me, but things could be much worse, so I know I should buck up and count my blessings. And I will. But I'm allowing myself a few hours to wallow in self-pity, and you can bet your ass that I'm drinking a glass of wine with dinner tonight.

Abundant thanks to everyone who commented in Friday's post. You guys give me hope, and I really appreciate your support and kindness. My "real" life is full of women I can't really talk to (women who read this blog whom I know in real life excepted), my mother, my husband (who does do a good job, but is, you know, a guy), and a lot of people who are keen to give me assvice. Thank you for making me feel better about my situation without ever telling me that I should just relax and that it'll "just happen."

If you haven't already, stop by at Brooke's and leave her a nice message. She could do with some friendly support right about now.

10 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God. Bad news Tuesday. You should wallow to your heart's content.

Good luck with the Clomid. I'm sending you good vibes.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

I'm planning on having wine tonight too, so I'll have a toast in your honor. And Brooke's.

I'm glad you decided to go straight to the Clomid, though. It sounded like you really wanted to, so it's good you didn't let anyone talk you into the progesterone.

Good luck with it all!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Mignon said...

Sorry about the red bad news. You're the third person I've heard about in the last two days that got an unwelcome visit. My best friend in Boston is going through the same Clomid/progest dilemna too.
So I will toast you tonight, too. Wine sounds wonderful right about now.

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good vibes coming your way from me, too. Take some time to wallow -- we all need that indulgence sometimes. And take care.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Dan said...

I feel for you and sympathize. We wish we could have children too.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Good, good, good luck...I'm sending tons of positive thoughts your way.

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm toasting you as well. Every time I think I've got this thing figured out, I end up back at square one. The wine helps a tiny bit.
Good luck with the tests today.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Arabella said...

Sorry Aunt Flo has come to visit again. If it makes you feel any better, YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

I LOVE pity parties!!!

If you invite me to yours, I'll bring the frickin' Veuve Clicquot.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

I had a pity party this week as well. Sit back and enjoy, you've earned it.

I really hope you are able to have your dream of being a mother.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Thank you so much. Here's to days free of pity parties and full of celebrations.

SOME. DAY.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home