Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Not from concentrate



Tuesday night, we were watching a Fashion Police program on the Golden Globes. Footage of Teri Hatcher * appears on the screen.

Booby: "She looks like she needs to drink the blood of a few more children in order to reconstitute."

Me: "Bwaaa!!!"

I have to say that her face is starting to resemble a Kabuki mask.

***

Earlier that week, watching TV (um, maybe we need to cut down on the TV viewing?), an M&Ms commercial came on: a kaleidoscope of M&Ms rising and falling to the tune of "Such Great Heights," by Iron & Wine. We like this song so much that we considered dancing to it (too slow), and ended up printing the lyrics on the back of our wedding programs.

Booby, as realization of what he's hearing sets in: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

*Image courtesy of Eonline.

10 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Tink said...

Nothing is sacred anymore. It all gets used in advertisement. I'm boycotting the T.V. Except on Sunday nights when Grey's Anatomy is on... And directly after work when the Simpsons play. And.. Oh sod it.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

My parents' wedding song was "I Got You Babe" by Sonny & Cher. Years later, our church put on a Grand Ole Opery skit, and people would get up & perform. There was one really tall guy, and my dad had a "Sonny" mustache & hairstyle at the time, so they decided to dress up & lip-sync the words to a Sonny & Cher song. Guess which one they picked? It's no wonder my mother eventually divorced him!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Mignon said...

Yes, but did you see Johnny Depp's wife on GoFugYourself. Eeek!

Our wedding song was The Proudest Monkey by DMB. Weird? Maybe, but it suited us...

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Tink, you're right, how could I ever give up my beloved TV? Especially now that there's a new Lost again tonight.

GG, I think I would've divorced him, too! ;)

Mignon, that is an odd song to dance to. But hey, if it works for you, then be glad you did it! I caved and chose the song my mother suggested. It was apropos, but not exactly the song I wanted.

Johnny Depp's wife needs a sandwich, REAL BAD. Somebody stage an intervention!

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't watch the Globes, but I saw the picture of Teri Hatcher jumping up to beat her co-stars to the podium to accept the award. Sounds to me like she's on something major.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Booby is hilarious and dead on! She does look like a vampire!

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

That dress looks a little Elvira-ish. What is up with the satin and ruffles? I love her hair though, how much do you think she pays for it?

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Arabella said...

All these women need a good pasta dinner.

Do you know about awfulplasticsurgery.com? Not the most accurate site in the universe, I suspect, but some good photos, and a lot of fun.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

I was addicted to awfulplasticsurgery.com, but they don't update very often anymore. Who did they report inaccurately on? I know they kind of flubbed the whole Tyra's Boobs thing ...

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

You're right; they don't update very often. I suspect that Jessica Simpson's boobs are natural, so I think they may have been inaccurate on that one, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home