Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Thursday, October 27, 2005

Introducing Batgirl!


The other night I hit the local Sears, thinking it would be a hotbed of sale merchandise, since they're merging with Hideous Corporate Giant, Kmart. Well, it wasn't. But I did find something that I've been looking for half my life: the Batgirl(TM) Barbie Doll. I can't tell you how many times I've trawled Ebay, wishing someone made an affordable Batgirl doll, and cursing Mego for their high collector's prices. It's hard, too, to find a Batgirl not modeled on the awful Alicia Silverstone role that turned Batgirl from a fiery, sharp redhead to a tepid, whiny blonde (not that there's anything wrong with blondes, I'm just a traditionalist. And a hater of Alicia Silverstone [scroll down for crap photo]. Except in Clueless, where whining was kind of the point).

And she was on sale.

You can buy one here. But I can tell you she's a mere $12.97 at Sears. The one in Upper Darby, anyway.

She also comes with a Batcycle (sweeet!). I totally want that. Wow, I am really a nerd.

2 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your supportive comments on my blog. I look forward to getting better acquainted with your site, having enjoyed what I've read so far.

Batgirl Barbie is awesome, but my personal favorite superhero Barbie is Wonder Woman!

Love the squirrel pic.

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a Batgirl and Batcycle at home. I't about 30 years old. -BEN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home