Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Holy crap!


We bought a new car tonight.

I haven't spent this much money in one go since I bought my house.

Unfortunately, Booby spirited me out of the house about 5.2 seconds after I walked through the door, so we didn't eat until about 10 p.m., and my headache is juuuust now beginning to subside.

But yeah! New car! Wheee!

I will miss the Saturn, if only because it was free and, for a while, reliable (in truth, it never broke down even once in 3 years). It'll always be the car that replaced the car that was auctioned off illegally by the lovely City of Philadelphia Parking Authority. Fare thee well, '93 Saturn SL-1: I hope someone takes care of your transmission soon.

4 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, if only you knew how to use google like I do, then you could have found this story and put it on your blog instead of just linking to the PPA.

 
At 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that story totally rocks. but one has to wonder why you didn't buy a keenan honda?

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Arabella said...

Congrats! Have you taken an inaugural drive yet?

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Bested by my own husband! It was late, I was tired ... and you did the work for me, honey. :)

Db, we looked at Keenan, but we found that we would pay about the same for a used Honda as we would for a new Scion. And a new Honda was just out of our price range, so I didn't even have an opportunity to do serious business with Keenan (the used lot is a world away in terms of service, you know?).

Arabella, haven't driven it yet. I was worried that I would crash the car if I drove it home because it was pouring rain and I was exhausted (god, how 1950s girly of me - I am embarrassed). The test drive was awesome, though. I'm sure Booby will do the car more justice with his blog entry than I could.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home