Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Oh, my achin' head

Today I left work early after the slight headache I awoke with this morning blossomed into a full-on migraine, complete with nausea and GI disturbance. What fun! I finished my work in a blind stupor of sinus pain (my doctor thinks I have some combination of allergies and migraines, but it looks like it's probably just a migraine).

On my way home, I experienced slight sensitivity to light and motion and a somewhat overwhelming sensitivity to odors, the latter of which is not usual for me. This seems to indicate migraine. And the El is not the place to be when this is the case, I assure you. Several of my fellow riders were eating while traveling, and that, coupled with the smells of everything from axle grease to body odor to a little man who seemed to be processing the garlic he had eaten the night before, made for a nasty ride home. I put my head in my hands for much of the trip.

I've been meaning to start a food diary, and today provided the catalyst I needed to begin. Hopefully it'll make recognizing my triggers easy (if, in fact, food is a trigger for me - though I think it is for many migraine sufferers) so I can avoid them. Last night I made a lovely pizza (with really nice dough from Testa's), and I suspect that the 4-cheese blend I used may be the culprit of today's episode. Hopefully plain old mozzarella is still on the menu, because I don't know if I can live without it. Of course, there are also many schools of thought that say that food is unproven to be a headache trigger. How wonderfully confusing!

1 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Thank you! I hope you're feeling better, too. Oh, I miss having my neck and back cracked professionally - you may have inspired me to visit the chiropracter again. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home