Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Wednesday, November 28, 2007

On the road to being bitch-and-moan-free

Top 10 Reasons Why I Haven't Posted

1. 2 separate contractors to complete one job over a period of 8 weeks (was supposed to take one week to drywall over hideous paneling and finish off the edges).

2. And now we have to paint a 22' x 16' room. Le sigh.

3. 3 large pieces of furniture arrived just a little too soon and now we have to paint around them. Booby blames me.

4. 4th large piece of furniture is being picked up tomorrow. Booby officially hates me.

5. Have I mentioned we are putting our house on the market in the Spring? Hence this flurry of home improvement activity.

6. Oh, and looking at houses to buy elsewhere on weekends. Like the huge money pit that we'd really like to buy, but are all too aware would cause our divorce. Jesus, we can't even handle a one-room remodel, let alone 8 rooms and a carriage house (even though I really, really want a carriage house).

7. 2 colds caught in a space of 3 weeks. Most recent cold lasted 3 weeks (and lingers still!) and was notable for the dry, racking cough it produced. I slept in the spare bedroom (in a not-so-roomy twin) for several nights, often with a cranky 7-month-old who backslid on his sleep training.

8. Rampant eBay addiction has worsened with the onset of the holiday season. Pathetic, I know.

9. Lack of quality sleep causing me to stumble around house with baby in tow, moaning "Braaaaaains!" That whole "sleep when your baby sleeps" thing only works if you aren't expected to do anything else, like laundry, or cleaning the house, or brushing your teeth.

10. Would you believe that after the Great Flea Roundup of Summer '07, we had the Great Indian Mealmoth Massacre of Fall '07? They wouldn't. Stop. Appearing. Even after I cleaned out every single frigging cabinet in my house (I found cocoons everywhere, including in packages of tea bags. It was awful.), until Booby discovered that they were laying eggs in the lid of the food scrap bin we kept in the kitchen. Needless to say, the food scrap bin has been relocated to the outdoors. Yes, I revel in moth death. Some of God's creatures are just too annoying once they have colonized all of one's foodstuffs.

And now my silly rant is over. The end.

5 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. Harridan - nice to read you again. I was going to write you to see if you were trapped under something heavy, straining to reach the phone to call 911, your cats eyeing you as a last meal. I don't envy the process of redoing a place, selling and buying and then moving. But once it's done it's worth it. So is The Nut still rollin'? Haven't seen an update.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

Oy oy oy.

DO NOT buy that money pit. Not worth it. Better to live in a hovel that you don't have to touch, in my opinion. Just slap on a coat of paint and call it a day.

Good to see you again, however tired and cough-y. I hope you feel better soon.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger TB said...

What is this sleep training you speak of? I need the names of books, please.

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, my eBay addiction has also gotten even more out of control lately!

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're back! I was wondering where you'd gotten to! We're painting as well. And by the time you get back to my blog you'll notice there's a whole saga involving my new identity and blog name.

http://wordgirl5.typepad.com/apathy_lounge

 

Post a Comment

<< Home