Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Friday, June 08, 2007

Me on TV, and my hair

Here's the link to the story about SOAM. I said a lot more than what they aired, so please, internets, don't hate on me for my brief comment taken out of context. I was just trying to be honest.

Oh, and that's my belly in the story, too.

Melissa commented that my hair looks darker than in my photo (which was taken almost exactly 2 years ago): true enough. When I began dyeing my hair with pure henna, the results were a little more flamingly red than I cared for, so now I put in a dollop of pure indigo, which gives a darker (and hopefully more natural) tone. I do miss my blondey-red, but it's harder to achieve with henna, at least until I go a bit grayer, which shouldn't be long. The darker tone blends in more when I neglect to dye my hair for 3 months, too.

5 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Wow! You're a celebrity! I thought you looked and sounded great.

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was watching the video and telling Bryan that I had met you in Savannah. I think your hair looks great...which reminds me that it's time for a root job on my own coiffure.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger FENICLE said...

Someone forwarded this to me about your story. I thought you did fabulous!!!! Congrats.

I've got a "WORST Father" contest going on....sort of? It's all in fun. Come over & check it out!

htp://www.fenicle.com

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look beautiful and I understand what you were saying, context of the news piece aside.
I wasn't trying to make you feel bad about being honest or saying what a lot of women think, or holding onto vanity. Shit, going through pregnancy and early motherhood takes away much of the female gaze, you're entitled to whatver shred of vanity you can still muster!
My own issues have just been in the back of my mind and I probably need to write about it because reading what you wrote struck a nerve.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

I liked what you had to say very much. Plus, you looked utterly fabulous. Simultaneously sophisticated and adorable, which is really hard to pull off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home