Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Monday, May 18, 2009

Rich man's family

Huh, so what do you know, it's been almost a year since I posted anything new. However, I have a good excuse:
We call her Pigeon. 8.64 lbs of pure love, birthed a mere 34 minutes after arrival at the hospital. Birth story coming soon.

About this time last year, I was probably weaning Woogie, who was 14 months old then and who had begun biting my nips and laughing uproariously at each feeding. You know how they say breastfeeding is an inefficient method of birth control? Well, they lied (at least in my case), BUT you damn skippy better have the Mirena ready to roll when you stop, because it took *one cycle* for me to get pregnant again. This, after various drugs of the swallowable and injectable variety, endless charting, two failed IUIs and innumerable vials of blood taken from me over a 15-month period of time before my first pregnancy.

You can imagine my shock when I went to my fertility doctor to discuss "working on" a second baby and was told told, "Hey, surprise! You're already 5 1/2 weeks pregnant." My uterus has been kick-started, big time.

8 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Tony said...

Hey, you know, that IS a good excuse. Congratulations!!!

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous apathy lounge said...

Yay! You're back! Gorgeous baby, Mrs. H.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

Oh, how I've missed you. Welcome back, and CONGRATULATIONS!

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Nancy said...

Congratulations! She is adorable.

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous prasad said...

happy to see you Gorgeous..........

http://www.kiranivfgenetic.com

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous vikramsingh said...

Congrats...... happy to here the news.

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous fertility center hyderabad said...

congrats...pregnancy is a gift for every woman. Every woman is getting excited to see their baby.

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Syed Mehdi said...

Cute baby and nice posting. If someone is planning to become parents via surrogacy process and egg donation, a lot of research and planning is needed. To know more about process visit us online.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home