Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Wednesday, December 28, 2005

No photos, but lots of gyno and chili!

Needless to say, I have not yet learned how to upload my photos from my camera to my computer yet. However, I have been taking some photos and yesterday I taught myself how to take little movies with the camera! So I think I can possibly promise a short film of my cat rubbing himself orgasmically all over my purse in the near future.

Today I am going thrifting (I got very little clothing for Christmas and now, of course, I despise all of my outfits), and I expect to have some good blog-fodder there. I'm a little nervous about taking the new car into the bowels of the area under the El, so I might plump for the cavernous Village Thrift in Pennsauken, NJ instead. Wish me luck!

Tomorrow, my lucky ass is going for a hysterosalpingogram, or HSG. Hopefully it will be less painful than the endometrial biopsy I underwent a couple of weeks back. It was disconcerting, to say the least, to see chunks of my uterus lining tissue floating in a specimen cup (the first try was a no-go, so they had to do it 2 times. The pain wasn't awful, but it wasn't fun, either). This time I have been advised to pre-medicate for the "mild cramping" that "some women may experience." Well, at least they don't call it "discomfort," which everyone knows is code for "Oh, my god, get me a morphine drip!"

Also, I am making my special chili today. When I first met my husband, he had a chili recipe from a well-meaning woman friend that was maybe the worst I have ever tasted. I'm not sure if it was the recipe or his rendition of it, but the instructions didn't mention draining the cans of beans. This chili was like a thin, clear soup with beans in it, along with the occasional glob of tomato sauce (sauce! not diced tomatoes or even tomato paste, but sauce. >Shiver!<). No onions. No peppers. Just beans, and sauce. And some chili powder. I had to make him my chili, just to show him how it's done, and since he's pretty food obsessive (maybe even more than I), he was fully won over. It might be safe to say that I plied him with food for the first year of our relationship. That story about the way to a man's heart being through his stomach is true, in this case, which is just how I like it.

Photos of chili TK, too, maybe!

8 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Tink said...

The Chili conversation should have definitely come first lol. I pride myself on 3 main dishes that are sure to win any man's stomach over. Great skills to have!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Oh my girlfriend...I've had BOTH the HSG and the biopsy. Neither were fun, by any stretch of the imagination.

I actually found the biopsy to be more painful, when in fact, the doctor told me it would be the other way around.

Sending many many non-pain vibes your way!!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

Ugh, so this is what I have to look forward to. THIS is the alternative we apparently-fertility-impaired people have to sex??? It's like adding injury to insult.

Need. Special. Chili.

Mmmm....chilil.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

I meant "chili," of course. Doh!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Good luck with your tests. Hope everything works out okay. Eat lots of chili before you go. That could lead to some interesting far...I mean surprises when all those people are sneaking a peek at ya down there! You could provide a good laugh.

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the HSG. Sending positive vibes your way for a good prognosis.

And may you have excellent thrift hunting.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Sorry to those who suffered through my inexpert segue from uterus to chili. I am shamefaced. Mr. B, your consolation prize is en route (i.e. your Xmas gift, but let's pretend it covers this misstep as well).

HSG is over, and I even have a photo to post, should I ever learn to do so (the process has begun, so I am hopeful). And, even better, my thrifting was successful! More to come, in a proper post ...

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Glad to hear everything went ok. I had a biopsy done this year and oh, my holy hannah, the next 2 days are something I don't wish to repeat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home