Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Į sveikatą!



That's a Lithuanian toast. Here, for the first time ever, I am revealing my great-grandmother's boilo recipe.
I make this festive drink every year, usually for my work holiday party. This year, I have slacked, and I'll probably make it for my sister-in-law's Christmas party instead. Notes in brackets are my mother's.

1 qt. inexpensive whiskey [I use the cheapest rotgut in the store.]
1 cinnamon stick
1 orange
1 lemon
1 cup honey
1 tsp. caraway seed
2 tsps. whole cloves
2 tsps. cardamon seed [if you can find it; if not, forget it.]
2 tsps. anise seed

Slice orange & lemon. Combine all ingredients. Bring to a very slow boil in large pot. Simmer 15 minutes.
DO NOT REMOVE POT LID WHILE SIMMERING. Cool. Strain. Serve warm in small glasses that have been run under a hot tap to prevent cracking.

Happy brewing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home