Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Monday, December 26, 2005

Season's Greetings!

It has been, so far, a very rewarding Christmas, and one full of high tech gifts courtesy of Booby. I now have a wonderfully tiny digital camera with which to take photos and post them here, instead of making him take them and email them to me (gawd, am I lazy or what?).

Sometimes technology intimidates me. I'm working on it.

Christmas dinner went off without a hitch (except for that damn pop-up thing on the turkey taking for frigging ever. I hate you, Frank Perdue). Word to the wise: make as many things ahead of time as you can. It will keep you sane.

Weirdest gift thus far: a suction-cupped plastic watering can-shaped "vase" meant to attach to a window and hold flowers. Um, thanks, Mom. (She means well.)

Hope you all are relaxing and enjoying the day. In a day or two, I'll take photos of the watering can monstrosity, the beautiful ornament that Wordgirl sent me in the ornament exchange coordinated by Mignon, and probably one of a cat or two, for my own amusement.

Oh, and completing the meme I was tagged for by Arabella! Though I think everyone in our little group of Blog Chicks has received it by now, so I will have to send it further afield ...

6 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Weird gift? For our "Family Night Theme" gift my brother got us the movie "40 year old Virgin". I've seen it and I don't like my 18 year old watching it. Totally inappropriate. And these are the people who scrutinize everything b4 their kids see it. What are mine? Chopped liver?

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Tink said...

Weird gift: a necklace made entirely out of little pieces of scrap metal. Is there a new fashion trend I should know about? Glad your holiday went well!

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's to conquering fear of techology. I recently learned how to download our digital pics. It was totally trial and error and I'm still not sure I can replicate the process.
Weird gift my husband got that I'm sure will end up being much more useful than we know - a light attached to a strap that you wear on your head, like a dentist or a miner.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Personally, technology intimidates the living crap out of me.

Expecting to see many pics from the new camera!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

No weird gifts for me this year! Not a single thing to return! I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy.

Glad you had a nice Christmas. :)

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Mignon said...

I got no weird gifts this year! Nothing with which to be a snarky blogger about.
But I am at my in-laws house and have been asked to help my MIL use her computer. She's never used any of the menu buttons. Ever. She's one step away from putting the mouse on the computer screen to move it around. If I explain to her how to print, she writes down every word I say. Like "use the mouse to move the little arrow up to the top where the little printer icon is, put the little arrow over the top of the printer and press the left button on the mouse..." And she's had this computer for three years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home