Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Three is not the magic number

My husband and I were having a silly discussion in the car about how many kids we should have:

Me: "I think I only have one in me. I'm an old lady - one might be my limit."
Him: "Two is a good number. We already know that three is too many. I have seen three in action, and three is too many!"
Me: "Yes, three is definitely too many."
Him: "It's just like with the cats. When you have more than two, you can't spread the love around. There isn't enough love, and then you end up loving the retarded cat the most. We need to give them all the same amount of love. We have too many cats!"
Me: "Are you insane? What does that have to do with children? I am totally blogging this!"

5 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

All I know is that I want at least one dog and at least one cat. As for kids, I'd be happy to have one at this point, but I like the idea of two or three.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Ben,
What is it with you and Patches? I guess I should be happy you didn't suggest Breathe Dead Hippo.

Arabella,
One seems Ok to me now. A few years back I just assumed there would be two at least. This is what comes of being from a large Catholic family, I guess. Each of my sisters has 3+.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Those are great cat names. My husband prefers the basic naming conventions for animals (hence, one of our cats is simply named HIM), but I really enjoy it when they have long and impossibly proper monikers.

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

I have 3 children and I work full-time. Three children is THE MOST I would recommend to anyone. I was OK with 2, but we had an oops. I love to watch my kids play together. I miss my free-time though.

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been trying to convince my husband that we need a third cat. I keep telling him I have enough love in my heart for three cats. Much like your husband, he's not convinced.
I'm with you. I definitely think one child may be all I can take though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home