Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Friday, December 30, 2005

Special Chili

Here are the promised photos of the "special chili" I made the other day. I promise it tastes better than it looks (which is sort of like dog food, though I guess most chili looks that way).
Secret ingredient: canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, !muy delicioso!

The cornbread was from a box (Jiffy) and I don't recommend it, it was rather dry. The plus was it took about 2 seconds to mix. Next time I'll try to make the jalapeno cornbread that TB mentioned in her post. Ahhh, comfort food!

4 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Tink said...

A great little trick is to pour sweet Jiffy cornbread mix over top of the chili in a pot and throw it into the oven until it rises. MMMMM. If you think that looks like dog food than evidently my dogs are getting screwed. hehe.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

A well-meaning friend once cautioned me that Jiffy contains lard, as if that's a BAD thing. I can handle the lard in the cornbread a lot better than the artificial berry pieces in some of the fruit muffins, which I think are made of apples, if memory serves me correctly.

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to try the chipotle in my chili tomorrow. I normally use a mix of fresh poblanos and jalepenos for heat, but chipotles sound really good.

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

yummy! It looks beautiful as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home