Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Friday, December 30, 2005

Special Chili

Here are the promised photos of the "special chili" I made the other day. I promise it tastes better than it looks (which is sort of like dog food, though I guess most chili looks that way).
Secret ingredient: canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, !muy delicioso!

The cornbread was from a box (Jiffy) and I don't recommend it, it was rather dry. The plus was it took about 2 seconds to mix. Next time I'll try to make the jalapeno cornbread that TB mentioned in her post. Ahhh, comfort food!

5 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Tink said...

A great little trick is to pour sweet Jiffy cornbread mix over top of the chili in a pot and throw it into the oven until it rises. MMMMM. If you think that looks like dog food than evidently my dogs are getting screwed. hehe.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

A well-meaning friend once cautioned me that Jiffy contains lard, as if that's a BAD thing. I can handle the lard in the cornbread a lot better than the artificial berry pieces in some of the fruit muffins, which I think are made of apples, if memory serves me correctly.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Shrinking Violet said...

Oh my gosh! The food! This is just too much. It looks delish and you are so right about the chipotle. Also, you can take that same can of chipotle peppers and mix it in w/softened cream cheese. Then, if you're a Philistine, eat it with your fingers. If not, use a cracker!

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous TB said...

I'm going to try the chipotle in my chili tomorrow. I normally use a mix of fresh poblanos and jalepenos for heat, but chipotles sound really good.

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

yummy! It looks beautiful as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home