Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Thursday, December 29, 2005

Tagged (finally)!

Tagged!

Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot.

Planet Alien

Where am I going...and why am I in this handbasket?

Pickled Beef

Trattoria Breve

Mean Girl to the Rescue!

Questions!

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Slogging away in a retail job, and meeting the clown-suited, but lovable ass who would become my husband.

What were you doing a year ago?

Appearing relaxed but inwardly freaking out that I had agreed to get married (I'm kinda gun-shy).

5 snacks you enjoy?

  • Jamoca ice cream (or any variant of coffee chip)
  • Jalapeno potato chips
  • chocolate-covered raisins
  • Wasabi peas
  • Toast and tea

5 songs you know all the lyrics to:

  • "There is a Light That Never Goes Out," The Smiths
  • "Don't Dream It's Over," Crowded House
  • "Two Step," Throwing Muses
  • "You Do Something to Me," Cole Porter (Sinead O'Connor and Ella Fitzgerald versions)
  • "Absolutely Cuckoo," The Magnetic Fields

5 things you would do if you were a millionaire:

  • Buy a house with enough land to have a large vegetable garden
  • One word: shoes
  • Make donations to a short list of charities
  • Sock away money in a coffee can or under a mattress, because I'm weird like that
  • Buy people things anonymously

5 bad habits:

  • Chewing my cuticles
  • Swearing. A lot.
  • Not flossing
  • Leaving clean clothes in the laundry basket for, literally, weeks
  • Letting my temper get the better of me

5 things I like doing:

  • Cooking
  • Thrifting
  • Singing (though I am god-awful at it)
  • Painting my toenails
  • Reading

Tag 5 people:

8 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. Harridan, you are delightful. I hope you enjoyed your Chili

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Mignon said...

I love that Cole Porter song! Do you have the tribute album? I think that's the only place I've seen that Sinead version.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

SV, that is impressive - isn't that song, like, 11 minutes long? Good show!

TB, why thank you {blushing}. The chili was delicious, and I even took photos. Anyone wanting the recipe, please email me and I will give it up.

Mignon, I used to have the "Red, Hot & Blue" tape (whoa, we're going back in time here) until my college roommate stole it. I do believe I have the mp3 somewhere. There are a few stinkers on there (The Thompson Twins doing "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" springs to mind), but overall it's a good listen. Not a patch on the Ella songbook though (swoon!).

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I have that Red Hot and Blue Album on my iPod, but you know how it mixes up compilations unless you search by album? I don't think I've ever listened to it from beginning to end. I guess I need to.

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS You looked radiant on your wedding day. Were the first set of pic's with your hair down from the rehearsal?

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Arabella said...

1.) GORGEOUS wedding pics! You have a way about you that is simultaneously noble, spunky, and happy. Very unique.

2.) LOVE the word "thrifting." Did you make that up, or am I just out of the loop?

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Tink said...

LMAO... Your hubby dressed in a CLOWN suit his last day? Omg that's classic! How can you not love that? Great list. I especially love the food section. I'm borderline drooling.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Love it and love the pics! You look so happy and that is fantastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home