Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Irony does not live here

My husband just IM'd me this little gem.

When referring to the killing of her child she said: "I am totally psyched for this abortion!"

This person doesn't understand that The Onion isn't for real. (Shakes head sadly) Luckily, his comments aren't moderated, and three hundred some people have now schooled him on the error of his ways:

I'm pro life, but sweet Jesus you're an idiot. For your next post, how about a passionate speech on the need to immediately free Prince Albert from the can?

3 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That post has FIVE HUNDRED AND FIFTY FIVE comments. I have never even seen DOOCE get that kind of response. Of course, they are all a variation on the theme of "how stupid are you really", except with much ruder language.

I've read The Onion, and it can sometimes be hard to tell if they are joking or not, but COME ON.

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I love about this is that it is not the first time it's happened; every once in awhile some conservative or another stumbles upon The Onion and salivates over his great luck at finding such a PERFECT example of how godless and evil we liberals are.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Dan said...

I thought the whole world knows not to take The Onion seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home