Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Sunday, December 10, 2006

Feelin' froggy

The Bun has been doing karate from within lately (though it doesn't hurt yet), and I try to get Booby to catch some of it. Lately, I can even see little bumps on my belly as s/he lands and especially high kick.

Yesterday, the kicking started as we were sitting on the couch, resting in between household chores. "Hey, take a look," I said, pulling up my shirt so he could see. Nothing happened. The kicking stopped as quickly as it had begun. Booby placed his hand on my belly, but all was quiet.

He looked at me for a second, and then grinned.

"You have the WB Frog in your uterus, honey!"


6 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger Mignon said...

Hey! Look at that! You look like you're carrying high - no wonder you have sucky heartburn. Are you wearing gauze underwear?

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Madeleine used to do that too -- I'd get the craziest kicks and movements, but as soon as I turned Andrew's attention to it and got him to put his hand on my belly, she'd stop. And he was always too impatient to wait until she would start again.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Mignon, I have noticed that my maternity pants are kind of gappy at the lower abdomen, and I guess that's why. Sadly, not gauze underwear, but super-granny panties under my favorite velour sweatpants. Because I? Have given up and succumbed to comfort over fashion.

Stacey - Booby is also WAY too imaptient to stay focused for longer than a minute or so. He has, however, taken to trying to get the baby to kick him in the head on command when he puts his face against my belly. So far, s/he hasn't played ball on that one, either.

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your belly is so much cuter and more defined than mine. I just look sort of blobby and lumpy. I love that you can actually see the baby moving. We can both feel it on the outside, but so far I can't see it yet.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

No matter how many times throughout the day I've been kicked in the lungs and spine, they almost always get spontaneously still and quiet when their dad puts his hand on my belly. Funny, isn't it? I guess they're preparing for days of rambunctiousness when they're alone with me, only to act like perfect angels when their dad gets home?

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Tits McGee said...

You have the loveliest baby belly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home