Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The last of the red hot belly shots


I'm now at a point where I'm pretty uncomfortable. I'm not as big as some women get, but I sure do feel big for me, since I'm a relatively small person (I tend to seem taller than I actually am).


I'm supposed to do a TV interview next week for a local news station about Shape of a Mother. I'll try to let you guys know when it's on, and whoever is local can tune in if you so desire. All I know about it is that I'll be talking about pregnant womens' fears and perceptions about their bodies and what they worry/hope will happen to them, attractiveness-wise, postpartum. Aaaaand I have to show my bloated, distended stomach. Much as I'm doing here. But here I feel like I have more control - lawd only knows what could happen in the editing room, am I right?

I'm at 38 weeks as of yesterday. Two more weeks till zero hour, unless Little Bun decides it's time to exit sooner. I'd prefer later to sooner, so I can get some things done, like cleaning the house, meeting with a contractor who's supposed to saw down my kitchen cabinets to fit in an over-the-range microwave, and getting all my baby shower loot off my dining room table and into some semblance of order. Oh, and napping.

I seem to be getting to be more of a shameless hussy the longer this process goes on. Three shots of me wearing panties, and two with a bra? Speaking of bras, I must be dropping at least slightly, as bras are not quite as tortuous as they've been for the past several weeks. Huzzah!


Here's a closeup of the distended belly (sorry for the blur):

If you discern any red marks, please note it's from my obsessive scratching, not stretch marks. So far, I am stretch mark free (thank you, genetics fairy), but who knows - I hear sometimes they crop up in the breastfeeding portion of the activities.





I finally took out the belly ring, as it was infected and no amount of TLC was making it get better. The skin was just stretched too tight, and it had nowhere to go. If I had been a better planner, I'd've gotten myself a plastic spacer to hold the hole open, but by the time I got around to researching that, the hole was stretched so tight, it was almost flat. Maybe I'll get it re-pierced later on down the line, or maybe this is the end of my crazy pierced lady days (sob!). My midwife has been calling me a "secret goth" because one would never guess that Marian the Librarian me would ever have a pierced anything. In the meantime, the hole is still pretty red and nasty looking (though no longer infected or crusty). Hopefully it'll heal and not scar.




And, last but not least, what Booby considers to be the most important photos, the ones of HIM the cat testing the new Hotsling we bought. I like the Baby Bjorn, but Booby wants the kid to smother in the forest of his chest hair. The sling is nice and simple, looks like it'll be easy to wash, and seems to be a good fit - even for a 21 lb. cat. Note to self: launder Hotsling to remove swaths of blond cat fur ...

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe the day is almost here! You look beautiful (and also mighty uncomfortable ... I remember that I-can't-possibly-get-any-bigger feeling). I'll be thinking of you!

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, belly!

But my favorite picture is a the cat in the sling. Who doesn't love a cat in a sling?

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger toyfoto said...

It's important to cat-test the sling. Glad he's on top of it!

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was lucky and only have one stretch mark from my first pregnancy.

It took me a while to figure out why I had it because I didn't get them anywhere else.

Later I realized that it started right where the scar from a very old piercing ended!

You're soooo close. Hope the last two weeks are good to you.

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look fabulous. And I love the cat in the sling. :-)

 
At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great, I've been watching your little pregnancy ticker and I was wondering if we'd get an update.

Check your "shape of a mother" link, it's not right. I figured out that it should be www.theshapeofamother.com. The site you're linking is one of those annoying search portals that probably loads all kinds of spyware on unsuspecting visitors.

Good luck with everything!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Arabella said...

HAWT mama!!!!! You look terrific.

Hooray for no stretch marks! I doubt you'll get any later. In fact, I bet you'll be 99% back to normal within five or six weeks from right now. Probably less.

I hear you about the bra torture. I felt SO much better right after delivery, even in spite of a C-section! Hang in there; you're in the home stretch.

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear God...how is it that you're all tummy and yet you stayed so slender? How can I love you and hate you for that all at the same time?

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger mamatulip said...

God, pregnancy totally agrees with you. You look great!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Mignon said...

Cats in slings are perfect. Maybe not such good testers for the nursing bras, but you probably knew that.

Now I know all those adorable maternity dresses that made me look like a bloated sausage were designed for YOU! Please tell me you had some fancy occasion to wear a cute maternity dress.

You are so close! Here's a toast to you, hoping the last days are as comfortable as possible (now's a good time for a pedi, by the way - feels awesome on bloated feet).

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you this week. Suddenly it seems like we have no time left doesn't it? I went from feeling like I had plent of opportunity to get stuff done to suddenly realizing I could have this baby any moment. Good lord.

You look amazing. And you're almost there!

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Blondie said...

YEAH!!! I love the belly shots. You look so beautiful. And of course, I'm so happy to see a cat pic. LOVE IT!! Thank you for sharing. :) :)

 
At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord, you are one gorgeous pregnant lady. Seriously, you look so beautiful!

Those shots of your kitty in the sling are priceless!

If I don't make it back before your baby comes, I wish you a wonderful delivery (and no hemhorroids)!

:)

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Arabella said...

You know I'm thinking about you and Teebs obsessively these days, don't you? I'm constantly wondering whether you've delivered.

HIM looks simultaneously snuggly and pissed. Is that even possible?

BTW, I really like the Hotsling. It calms fussy babies in a jiffy! And I'm not even getting a free Hotsling to say that. But wouldn't that be nice, Hotsling people???

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Pendullum said...

You are one beautiful pregnant woman...
And that belly is just about done...

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Blondie said...

Is it out? Is it out???

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Tits McGee said...

Oh, my head, are you beautiful!

Thinking of you and Booby and Bun lots these days...

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Brooke said...

That pic of the cat-tested sling is a riot! Can't wait to see pics of it being baby-tested. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home