Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Monday, January 02, 2006

For Lady Only (unless you're a really curious man)

So, last Thursday, I had the HSG (in which dye is pumped into the uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries to ensure there is no blockage) that I blogged about previously. Some of you mentioned that you had undergone this procedure and it wasn't too awful, and I thank you for setting my mind to rest, because you were right!

Really, the worst part was having to roll around a bit on the table so the radiologist and the gynecologist could see the contrast dye doing its thing from all angles - that caused some pretty heavy duty cramping, the likes of which I hadn't felt since sophomore year of high school. But it was mostly painless, just unpleasant, and having to sit in a waiting room in a hospital gown for an hour waiting for the doctor to arrive kind of blew. The woman who was scheduled ahead of me wore her gown with her knee high boots, which was her prerogative, but made her look like a fashion victim rather than a patient. I opted for the no-skid booties in a fawn beige.

T.M.I. Alert - You Have Been Warned!
The sign pictured is in the changing cubicle. I just thought it was funny, but I guess sometimes you gotta spell it out. I doubt I was pregnant, but after I was allowed to get up off the table and clean up (the dye is sticky and slightly blue, and there was a surprising amount of bright red blood), a rather solid bit of something exited. From what I could see, it wasn't something that should have been staying up there (like, say, a fetus), and I had menstruated a week or so before, but I'm going to ask the doctor about it when we next do a consultation. It seems likely that Clomid is in my future.

Posted by Picasa
**Update** I realized, after receiving an email from TB today, that I never let you all know the results. The doctor (who's not my regular Gyno, but very nice) said that she saw no blockages; she did see a small shadow but it disappeared after further coverage of the contrast, so she was unconcerned. Duh, I was so flipped out about bleeding on the floor that I forgot to get around to the results (which they can tell you straightaway after the procedure is through, before you're even off the table).

8 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

Oh, shit. I'm sorry you have to go through this and am glad the procedure wasn't too bad. I suspect I'll be joining you within a few weeks.

I don't know whether I'm happier not knowing what's going on up there, or finding out.

I think we each deserve a new pair of boots (not to be worn with our hospital gowns).

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Mignon said...

Arabella's right! You deserve something big and immediately gratifying that you can wear around like a blue-bloody badge. Boots seem just about perfect.
I'm crossing my fingers for you!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

Wordgirl, you just made me feel a whole lot better.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Thank you all for your good vibes. My sister-in-law just announced she's pregnant with her 4th, and I've heard tell that Clomid is what got the ball rolling for her, so I'm pretty hopeful.

Arabella, I'm happy to report that none of the things I've had done so far has been especially painful, and you shouldn't be worried about it. I think it's always better to know what's up so you can plan accordingly (although I relate completely to what you said - my big fear has been that it's something wrong with me, as I'm sure I've mentioned to you).

You guys rock! :)

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm right behind you sista. I'm glad to hear the procedure wasn't so bad, but sorry you had to go through it.
My friend conceived twins on Clomid last year after just a few months.
I'm routing for you!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

I'm glad to hear you're ok, but I remember all too well how bad it sucked, so please accept my EMPATHIES.

I also told the hubby that if this month doesn't work, then I'm also requesting Clomid.

When did it get so hard?

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

It seems that Clomid is the kick start some women need, so I'm hopeful for us both (and all the rest of us who are trying in B-List Land!).

Thanks, all, for your continued good vibes!

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger geenalyn said...

Good luck...
My oldest daughter was concieved on clomid (i ovulated two eggs but just got her). My twins were also concieved on Clomid...then my son arrived 11 mos after them au nautral :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home