Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Monday, May 08, 2006

Pink is the new ... um. Wait a second.


I had to have beta blood taken this morning, and to reward myself I bought two things: a sausage, egg 'n' cheese on an English muffin at the local Dunkin Donuts, and a Kuhn Rikon Vase Grinder. Ooooh, pitty. I broke my old pepper mill some months ago, and decided that I deserved a fancy, pink, thirty-dollar grinder (plus I had some Coinstar Amazon dollars to put toward my purchase). I also bought myself pretty underwear yesterday in anticipation of being told that I am, yet again, not pregnant this week, after my beta results come back from the lab. Consumer goods quiet my nerves.

Speaking of significant pink, if you haven't already donated a bit of (tax-deductible) cash to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation's Race for the Cure, you should. My oldest sister, Lisa, does the race every year on Mother's Day, along with her good friend, who is a survivor. My mom is also a survivor (13 years this past December), so I try to support the cause whenever possible. If you want to donate to my sister's team (Pixie's Pack), please click here.

1 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

LUURRRRVE the new pepper grinder! And good for your sis for running.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home