Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Tuesday, April 25, 2006

In which my heart grows two sizes


My internet pal, Tits McGee, was kind enough to send me something super-cool in the mail. I sent her a jar of hot pepper jelly a week or so back, after she jokingly said I should send her some for her birthday come Fall. And hot damn if she didn't turn that shit right around and send me something back! I have to say, it really made my day.


Here is the package, carefully wrapped and sent the quick way.

Here is the opening of the package, stage one (I used to be one of those kids who tears the paper off presents and flings it with glee, but in my dotage I've become one of those annoying slooowww openers of items, not to mention a saver of pretty giftwrap. I about drove the folks at my wedding showers nuts. I was insistent that I would line my drawers with the paper, though of course I haven't yet. Too l-a-z-y.)

And inside that cute little tissue paper envelope with a baby Easter egg on it? BUNNIES! According to Tits, the bunnies are a sort of fetility good luck charm used by her and her sister-in-law. Within six weeks of obtaining the bunnies, she was preggo. And since I am already wearing a Saint Gerard medal in order to spook God into zapping me with child, why not add to the superstition? The bunnies are resting comfortably at my bedside on the window sill, away from the madding crowd of the kitchen and the furious paws of Bailey the cat.

Thank you, Tits! I am very, very touched. And my stony heart doesn't thaw too easily these days, so this is quite a coup.

6 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Tits McGee said...

A few days ago, I bought a Bell & Evans roaster, rubbed that baby down with some of your heavenly hot pepper jelly, roasted it with some garlic and shallots, then deglazed the pan with a little white wine and swirled in some butter to make a little sauce to drizzle over the meat and oh, my head, was it tasty. Your gift just keeps on giving.

Hopefully, the bunnies will work their baby-making mojo for you, Mrs. H. You are the bee's knees, and deserve every happiness.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Arabella said...

What a nice gift, Tits! The bunnies are adorable. And the chicken sounds heavenly.

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's sweet. I like the idea of the bunnies keeping you company in the bedroom.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

Very sweet - hope the voodoo/mojo whatever works!

 
At 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you remembered to have sex in the front occasionally?

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Well, that signals the end of non-registered user comments. Thanks, pal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home