Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Monday, January 15, 2007

Have bun, will waddle

As of this week, I'm seven months pregnant, a fact that kind of astounds me. There are days when this pregnancy feels endless, and days when I feel like even though I do want it to end, I'll miss it when it does. I don't usually feel like I've gotten that big (my in-laws seemed almost disappointed at my lack of hugeness when I saw them at Christmas), although I certainly feel rather large and ungainly.

Booby has been very supportive of my changing shape, cheering me on with positive comments every time I announce a weight gain (I've gained about seventeen pounds, give or take, so far). But I did catch him on the phone with one of his buddies, announcing, "Yeah, she's pretty much graduated to the waddling stage at this point."

It's a good thing he makes up for cracks like that by taking me to see chickens in the wild.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seventeen pounds are nothing at all, and you'll be surprised by how quickly and effortlessly they melt away. Having a newborn is very physical work.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger The Big Pugawug said...

You're back! Yay!

Pretty late in the game, M and I went to Kragen to buy a replacement part for the car -- a lamp or wiper blades or something. I was wearing flip-flops. As we headed back to the car, I saw him hang back a bit, and the briefest hint of a smirk passed across his face.

"I know. I'm waddling."

That kind of telepathy means you've married the right person.

And don't worry about the weight (yeah, I know you've heard it before). Kid + fluids + placenta = you drop a lot of pregnancy weight upon giving birth. Nursing will take care of the rest. Just make sure you are feeling healthy and sustained.

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya. Bending is really beginning to be a problem for me and I've gained about 16 pounds. It feels like I'm gaining a pound a DAY right now though. Can't believe we're coming into the third trimester already. On one hand, I can't imagine 12 more weeks, but on the other, 12 weeks doesn't seem long enough to get everything done that I still have to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home