Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Tagged, again!

This time courtesy of Tink, who was tagged by Mama_Tulip. Here goes, 5 Weird Facts About Me:

1. All of my toes are about the same length, aside from the baby toes, which are very tiny. This trait was once the way I was identified positively during a childhood game of Blindman's Bluff at a slumber party.

2. When I was in 7th grade, I had to take the SATs after achieving a perfect score on the STS test the previous year. I scored a measly 710. My brainiac tendencies withered noticeably after that - it wasn't a fun experience.

3. When I was a kid I "kept" spiders as pets, feeding them and visiting with them in the garden. I was way into Charlotte's Web and saturated a dishtowel with my tears when Charlotte died in the movie. After getting largish spiders caught in my (long, knotty) hair on several occasions as an adult, my ardor for spiders has died, and I only enjoy them from a distance now.

4. I am one of the few people I know who doesn't like sushi. I've tried it numerous times and it always induces a gag reflex.

5. I have trouble sleeping with the closet door open; I always feel like someone could come out of there as I sleep (though I'm a very light sleeper) and get me.

11 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

My soul sistah!

I hate sushi. I hate fish.

I always sleep with the closet door closed. If I happen to wake up in the night and see that it's open I will get up and close it.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Tink said...

I think it's the soggy rice that gets most people. I'm a texture person, so it totally grossed me out at first. But I was determined to get through one roll at least. So I started buying Sushi rice to make with stir-fry. It's my favorite now and I LOVE Sushi.

 
At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My baby toe is like the size of a peanut. Not the whole shell, just one nut.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Tink said...

Oooh, I had to pop back on because I thought of one thing I hate as much as you all hate Sushi. BOILED PEANUTS. Bleh. They have the consistancy of snot.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

I don't eat sushi since I'm a veggie, but it does look pretty putrid!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Boiled peanuts? Ew! For real? I've never heard of such a thing. Please tell me what dish calls for boiled peanuts.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

Open closet doors are terrifying. I try to justify the fear by telling myself that I'm really just into feng shui, but it's the fear of monsters, without question.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

One of my toes is noticably shorter than the others, due to a mishap involving a lawnmower...

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Mignon said...

I'm okay with closets open, but I have to run and jump into bed because of my fear of dark-under-bed areas. Sushi haters unite! Without me! But I don't like cooked fish.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Tink, I have to say, that sounds positively revolting.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

Totally with ya on the closet door thing. What's funny is right before I clicked to catch up on your site the hubs called and said he was bringing me sushi! I love it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home