Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Monday, June 12, 2006

Finally, a prince

I am an extremely lucky woman to have found the one thing I never thought would come my way - a wonderful, loving husband. I've kissed a lot of frogs in my time, including:
  • The boyfriend who would booty call me at 10 p.m. on a school night, then have me make him pasta with Tabasco sauce.
  • The not-very-serious boyfriend who made snide fun of me for having a subscription to US Magazine rather than, say, the New Yorker or something, then took a copy of it up to the bathroom with him while he took care of business.
  • The boyfriend who told me he loved me one day and then broke up with me the very next day.
  • The boyfriend who left me a sinkful of dirty dishes to come home to after taking care of my cats while I was on a business trip.
  • The boyfriend who blogged about me in alarming detail after a night together, whilst dating a half a dozen other women simultaneously, then posted an open letter to me on his blog, requesting that I cease to read it (that's why there's password protection, genius. Also, you spelled the title of your blog incorrectly {snicker}).
  • The boyfriend who participated in a live-action role-playing game in which he was a vampire.
  • The boyfriend who had RAGE tattooed across his midsection in Gothic script (that one didn't last long, thankfully).
  • The boyfriend who didn't have a checking account until I took him by the hand to the bank and made him open one.
  • The boyfriend who wouldn't use the word goodbye, because it was "too cliche."
  • The boyfriend who bought me an expensive boombox after I found his cache of sexually-explicit letters from his good friend's wife ("Nothing happened! I swear!").
As of Saturday, I have been married for a year, and Booby showered me with love and affection in the following forms:
  • wedding cake and sparkling apple cider for breakfast in bed (a non-alcoholic beverage early in the morning is the best bet, especially if you're me and have recently suffered from the annual bout of drinking-to-excess-itis, or, the Oh, You Damn Fool, Don't You Know Five Drinks Is Too Many?! Flu).
  • a very cool clock radio with a dock for either my iPod or his iPod Shuffle, which also allows the iPod to be charged as it's docked.
  • a trip to see the Andrew Wyeth exhibit at PMA.
  • breakfast at the Morning Glory after yet another IUI (now with more cramping!).

Baby, me luvs you. Squirrel + Nut 4-EVA.

12 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww! Happy anniversary. Maybe it's just me, but I would like to read more about the weirdo boyfriends, especially the role playing guy.

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome celebration! Here's to many more.
That Wyeth exhibit is astounding isn't it? I saw it in Atlanta last fall and I was blown away by the sheer breadth of his work. I had no idea he was so prolific. I LOVED his later stuff even more than the well known pieces.

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS - Keep the faith with the IUI stuff. I'll be thinking of you and your fatgina.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Tits McGee said...

AW! That's just the sweetest post and I'm so, so glad you have such a lovely and supportive partner. Hooray for Booby! And heaps of good baby-making mojo being sent your way!

Also, I have two ex-boyfriends who were totally into playing Vampire.

*shudder*

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so sweet, my teeth hurt just from reading it.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Mignon said...

Happy day to you guys! And five drinks is definitely not too many, unless you're so thin that... oh - yeah, 5 drinks is probably too many.

And man that was one weird dude. Or was that many dudes?

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this entry! Congratulations on a year ... it goes so fast, so enjoy every minute! Reliving the frogs really does make you appreciate the prince. Oh, and we just got back from Savannah too. My daddy (because, you know, in the south, that's what I would call him) just moved to the area.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

Yay, Mrs. H and Booby! I love it when great people celebrate!Congratulations!

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! I am glad you two had such a nice weekend.

And what Jess said -- more on the boyfriends if you are so inclined!

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a woman who's happily married, you sure can carry a grudge. Get over it.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Oh, Vampire Boy, do you think I wouldn't see you in my Sitemeter? Heh.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Fraulein N said...

Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home