Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Friday, May 12, 2006

WHO will be eliminated tonight?


I don't know if many of you have seen Rich's America's Next Top Model recaps at Four Four, but if you haven't, you really should. His posts usually make my Friday, and I end up doing the furtive giggle-snort in my cube.

You can read all his recaps here (and he includes sound files of each week's "Tyraisms," which any habitual watcher of the show will recognize as Tyra's bizarre turns of phrase), and share in the joy of Jade eviscerating the English language, Joanie's tooth woes, and Danielle's general awesomeness (but don't blame me if you pee yourself laughing). It seems clear from the previews of next week's show that the continued discussion of Danielle's accent foreshadows (like a large blunt instrument) that she's getting the axe after royally flubbing a fake Cover Girl commercial, but damn! I'll be sorry to see her go.



But please, lord, don't let Jade win. That's all I ask.

10 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Seriously, if Jade wins I will have lost the little (and I mean little) respect I have for the fashion industry.

Good grief, thanks for sharing the link to that site.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Sassy Pants said...

If I hadn't given up TV I'd very much still be watching this show. It's such a guilty pleasure. That and Biggest Loser. Not probably the best shows to watch as a feminist. Be beautiful! Be thin! Claw someone's eyes out! But damn enteraining. Hence the guilt in guilty pleasure.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Mignon said...

You say that, I say that, but that picture! And the one on the boat - I think they made her ugly with the weird yellow brillo pad hair on purpose so she didn't blast all the other 'models' out of the water. She can just flat out model. And she's insane and may be mentally handicapped.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Tink said...

I hate Jade. My hope is that they're just keeping her around for the drama. I mean, the show would be a bit boring without her. Just please, don't let her WIN.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

I hate Jade with every fiber of my being. If she wins...I may throw objects at my TV.

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, this is great! Now I don't even have to watch ANTM. Although I have to say I've been a little curious as to whether Jade was still in the running after the elephant episode.

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched, I think season 2, and the girl was totally beautiful. But then she dropped off of the face of the earth. Does anything actually happen with these girls?

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Tits McGee said...

SPOILER ALERT!!!

See, Mrs. H? Dreams do come true!

Bye-bye, Jade!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Mignon said...

And she was all rollin her eyes and Humph!-ing and stuff as Tyra was telling her the attitude was too much. Girlfriend needs some meds.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Jade just couldn't turn off the arrogance. I was kind of hoping for a hissyfit when she found out she was going home, but the amusement I got from her finger-snapping and tripping was good, too.

I loved Danielle, but I do feel a little sad that Joanie didn't get it. My husband swears that they alternate by race, and I don't really think that has much to do with it, but Nicole did win last year (when it should have been Nik!), so maybe there's something to his theory. Maybe Tyra(nt), in her wisdom, is trying to be all EOE. I can't fault her for that - teenage girls really look up to these contestants, and if it shows them that a black girl with no experience can make it, I'm all for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home