Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Thursday, May 11, 2006

Twenty questions and then some

I've been tagged by Teebs who was tagged by Schmutzie, and since they are both on my reading roster I feel compelled to do this little (or not so little) MeMe.

1. First name? Who wants to know?
2. Were you named after anyone? Nope; my mom had names picked out for us which had nothing to do with relatives. Only my brother was named after anyone (my father). My name was going to be Peter if I were a boy. My youngest sister was going to be Roger.
3. Do you wish on stars? Maybe when I was young and less cynical.
4. When did you last cry? Sunday night, surreptitiously, as my husband slept unawares. I cry like a faucet these days.
5. Do you like your handwriting? I rather do, and I was often asked by classmates to fake excuse notes and signatures for them in grade school.
6. What is your favorite lunch meat? Turkey or ham (shredded, not thick sliced and in a gelatinous roll ... eurgh) and not without cheese.
7. When is your birthday? August 1971. I'm a Leo.
8. What is your most embarrassing cd? I have a lot of CD upgrades from my high school cassette tape angst days, hence, the collection includes Depeche Mode, That Petrol Emotion, and more Smiths than is strictly necessary.
9. If you were another person would you be friends with you? No, I would think I was too mean. Probably because I am too mean. I am nice to my friends, though.
10. Do you have a journal? I keep a sporadic paper journal in the form of a black marble composition book. I haven't touched it in probably a year. There was a traumatic experience once where an ex snooped in all my old journals, and then demanded I trash them. Like a fool, I complied, and have been sorry ever since.
12. Would you bungee jump? Probably not unless there was monetary compensation.
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cocoa Puffs. I'm cuckoo for 'em.
14. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Yeah, because I double-knot the laces, and untying makes it a lot easier to get them back on.
15. Do you think that you are strong? Strong like bull.
16. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Graham Slam by Turkey Hill.
17. Shoe Size? 8 or 8 1/2. Really, I should be taller with such giant dogs as those. Thank god for heels.
18. Red or pink? Equal parts both, which is probably a mistake with red hair. So much for being goth.
19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I have a very hairy neck. That's this week's thing. Next week it'll be something else. There's a laundry list of things, all the time.
20. Who do you miss the most? My ex-boyfriend/good pal who committed suicide 5 1/2 years ago.
21. Do you want everyone you send this to to send it back? Only if they feel like it.
22. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Sort of a dusty aqua pair of pants from Ann Taylor Loft that I got for super-cheap at an outlet mall, and black Cloud 9 flip-flops.
23. Last thing you ate? A turkey and brie flatbread sandwich and kettle chips.
24. What are you listening to right now? I can't seem to stop listening obsessively to Shake the Sheets by Ted Leo, my rock star boyfriend.
25. If you were a crayon what color would you be? Midnight Blue. Sing it, Lou Gramm.
26. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? The nice girl who took my anniversary dinner reservation at Django.
27. Fingers or toes? Definitely fingers. All my toes, save for the baby toe, are the same length. But I try to keep my fingernails in good nick.
28. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Eyes, fingernails (can't stand long/dirty fingernails).
29. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yes. She's a good egg.
30. Favorite Drink? I like the fancy, flavored iced teas. Mandarin orange. Plum. Lemon Zinger. Boozewise, I like a nice Hoegaarden or Berliner weisse. Did I spell those right?
31. Favorite Sport? uh ...
32. Hair Color? Titian red blonde (just like Nancy Drew!).
33. Favorite office supply item? Sharpies. Especially in the new pastel colors.
34. Do you wear contacts? Unfortunately, yes.
35. Favorite Food? Mashed potatoes 'n' gravy, with a biscuit.
36. Last Movie You Watched? Friends With Money by Nicole Holofcener
37. Favorite Day Of The Year? My birthday is usually a good one.
38. Scary Movies Or Happy Endings? Happy Endings. But not at the massage parlor.
39. Summer or winter? Summer.
40. Hugs or Kisses? Sure
41. Favorite dessert? Creme brulee. Or Tiramisu. Funny, I would've thought something chocolate, but it's not.
42. What's On Your Mouse Pad? The moon.
43. What Did You Watch Last night on TV? America's Next Top Model and Lost.
44. Favorite Smells? Chocolate chip cookies, rain, Lush Karma perfume, my husband's aftershave.
45. Favorite Sounds? thunderstorms, Emma the cat whisper-meowing
46. Stones or Beatles? Stones via Liz Phair filter.
47. What's the furthest you've been from home? Ireland
48. What books are you reading? Garnet Hill by Denise Mina, and, for trashy nonsense, Size 12 is Not Fat by Meg Cabot.

I'm tagging ... let's see, Arabella, Sassypants, and Tits McGee. Have at it, ladies!

9 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

LOL. If Depeche Mode makes your 'most embarassing CD' list then I won't tell you I'm going to see them next Thursday. ;)

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

Ha, you had my laughing at Cocoa Puffs. Also got a good chuckle about your Happy Endings remark. I always want titian hair like that Nancy Drew, damn you!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Mama_Tulip, I still heart DM as much as ever, and seeing them live was one of the best concerts I've ever attended. But I feel like they're a band that people tend to sneer at these days ... I should have a root through my CD collection, I'm sure there's worse stuff there. Like The Monkees. {shudder}

Katherine, you too could have the titian hair - comes right out of a bottle, Wella permanent color #145!

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Tits McGee said...

Ooh! Goody! I'll go get to work...

PS: "Happy endings. But not at the massage parlor?" Slayed. Me.

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray. You are a trooper Mrs. H. and also very funny. Thanks for playing.

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Depeche Mode...Even the Monarch, the villian from Venture Bros. with the girlfriend with the deep deep voice, mocks them!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

Off to Google Graham Slam...

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

You already provided a link. Doh! Where's my tea????

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Loved everything about you and frankly, I think I may STILL have a crush on Dave Gahan. Screw the taunts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home