Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Monday, May 08, 2006

Here's to good friends



My husband has lots of friends. They're pretty nice folks. JG deejayed our wedding reception and is a real sweetheart, usually the first person I think of when I meet a single girl who would benefit from meeting a nice guy.
Robb is a solid citizen who races bikes and has a toddler who is the subject of many of her proud papa's photos. Rick is a quiet fellow who takes great pictures and adopted a kitten named Sanchez from us (and then paid $2500 to save the cat after the damn fool thing jumped into thin air and broke his leg in eleventy places).

But I think my favorite of Booby's friends is Big Pugawug (so-called not because she is a large person, but to distinguish her from her adorable offspring, Pugawug), who is not only a nice person with an interesting blog of her family's daily life (with lots of photos!), but who also was sweet enough to send me a care package when I was feeling down. She knows I enjoy gardening, and so she sent me a HUGE packet of purple poppy seeds from her own garden, plus several cuttings of succulent plants to be rooted and grown as houseplants (I could summer them outside, too, and prettify my porch). I was really touched by the gesture.

Now I owe her a care package since she helped pull me out of my funk, so if she's reading, she should expect a little something in the mail in the coming week ... perhaps of the seed, cutting and bound printed matter variety.

6 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger Tits McGee said...

You are pretty as a purple poppy, Mrs. H, and deserve endless days of expensive pink peppermills, Suntory lemon drinks, and good, good friends.

Continuing to send baby mojo your way...

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

Friends rule! You included!!!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger The Big Pugawug said...

*blush*

No need to reciprocate, girl! Just make sure you tag along when/if Booby makes his way to the West coast next month!

I will try to keep the garden goodness coming ...

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Tink said...

Friends are the family we pick. You sound like you have a GREAT family!

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooohhh pretty. I am so in awe of your ability to grow things Mrs. H. You make something out of nothing.

 
At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are these single girls you speak of ?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home