Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Thursday, January 05, 2006

Paperback Swoon

I am a person who always has lots of books. I go to the library a lot, too, but somehow I always end up with tons of books lying around, often of the paperback, mass-market variety that I can't sell for more than a quarter on Amazon.com, so I end up giving them away on Freecycle.

Until now.

Now there is this awesome site that I signed up for like, 3 months ago, and then never did anything with, but since I had a couple books that weren't selling on Amazon, I decided to try it out. Actually, I shouldn't say the site is awesome, because I just don't know, but trust me that if it sucks I will talk all about that, too. It's like a library through the mail. You get

I already had someone request one of the books I listed, and I'm mailing it out today. When she receives it, I'll get a credit and be able to order another book. Or something like that. I also ordered a book from someone, but I'm still waiting to hear back. Almost as good as Interlibrary Loan!

5 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Woo hoo, this could do wonders to save my budget. Do let us know how it goes.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Rock said...

You know - I know Wordgirl is a book fanatic (and I used to be, not so much now) and it seems others all linked together are as well. Now I love books et al.

But frankly I'm a magazine and newspaper freak. I cnnot live with out the morning paper (and a run through MSNBC webpage) but I also devour an endless assortment of magazines.

Does that count?

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Arabella said...

What a cool site! Thanks for telling us about it.

And, Rock, I love magazines, too. Much easier than books to mush up and stuff into a small bag for subway reading.

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great. I had no idea it existed. I'm kind of a late adopter though as I only recently rediscovered how cool it is to get free books from the library. Duh.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Magazines definitely count. Unfortunately, there isn't a site dedicated to the swapping of magazines. However, Freecycle, as always, often has them up for grabs. I have lots of magazines, too. Mostly cooking. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home