Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Clyde

So over the weekend, we seem to have acquired another feline. My husband's version of the story is here. He was none too pleased about my letting another kitty into our house (I mean, we already have three cats, goddammit; I sure don't want another one, either). But I remembered Debbie's post about the little dog by the side of the road, and there was no way I wanted to see that cat frozen to death or squashed by a car.

So, I have a few feelers out for prospective kitty parents. We have Clyde locked up in a small room in our basement, in case he's carrying feline leukemia or anything. He's been sleeping a lot, and eating quite a bit, though he wasn't very skinny when he came in. His paws are pretty filthy, and he has some scabs here and there. He likely ran afoul of the neighborhood cat pack recently, as you can see from that wound on his nose. Later this week, I'm going to clip his nails and give him a bath to clean him up a bit. He's very vocal, and he has a whisky and cigarettes voice that's very cute.

Anyone want a cat and live nearby?

Anyone know what I can use to treat that nose wound? Is neosporin OK to use on cats?

12 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

He's a cutie. You're a nice person to take him in. I don't know about Neosporin, although I have a hunch that it would be ok. Or maybe bacitracin?

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually do think that neosporin is ok.

I love cats. Especially stray ones. Especially hungry-looking ones. Especially the ones that look like they've had the stuffing beaten out of them. But I already have two and am far, far away. Good luck finding a home for him.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

It sure is a pretty cat. You have done your good deed for the year. I hope you find a nice new owner for the cat.

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh he is so beautiful. You are an angel to take him in and care for him. And yes you can use small amounts of neosporin on cats.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger IzzyMom said...

Oh! He's beautiful! I hope you find a home for him. We have two and one just adopted us, sort of. Actually, he's adopted my cat. They're best friends but he's totally afraid of us people things.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Aw...he's got great eyes. I hope you can find him a home.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

What a pretty kitty! Good luck finding him a home.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I used to work for a vet and the neosporin is fine.

He is a pretty little thing. I am sooo glad that my post helped another creature! You really made my day.

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is very cute. I am sure you will find a good home for him.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Mignon said...

Debbie and Mrs. H, you get one extra helping of good karma for the day... use it wisely.

He's a cutie, too! Isn't one of your existing 3 go back to it's rightful owner, at some point, meaning you could keep Janis Joplin? And see? I've named her... now she's yours.

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is a cute guy. I love his markings.

And you are so nice for taking him in.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Table4Five said...

What a handsome cat! You were nice to take him in; I'm sure you'll find him a home if you don't keep him yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home