Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Pssst! Hey, you!

Interested in BlogHer but put off by the spendy nature of the trip and intimidated by the big names? Perhaps B-List Blog Chicks is the get-together for you.

For some time, a group of female bloggers (many of whom you see on my blogroll) have been talking about meeting up, sometime, in the future. Arabella and I talked it over some weeks ago, and we decided the time is now. Well, not NOW now, but soon. As in, first weekend of June. I would tell you where, but the Arabella would get uncomfortable, thinking that we would be inviting trouble by putting this delicate information on the web. And, as someone who compulsively checks her doors and windows to ensure they are locked, I wouldn't blame her one bit, and no doubt I would follow her descent into freaking out.

So, if you're a female blogger who's been lurking or commenting, and you think you might be interested, send Arabella an email at arabella@trattoriabreve.com. She will provide you with details. I'm sure we will talk about occasional technical aspects of blogging, but the real reason to meet is to see the folks we've been reading and corresponding with for the past several months, share stories (perhaps ones that family members won't let us blog about?), eat, drink, and have a good time.

Maybe I'll see you there.

4 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

Yay! Thanks for the plug, Mrs. H!

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, I'd love to attend, but I have plans that week with family... and I'm going to BlogHer (I know, I know -- not to meet the snooty bigwigs, though, just to hang with some real blog peeps...) I am sure you all will have amazing stories to tell, though!

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I promise to send an e-mail with some research on the locale and fun things to do sometime this weekend. Can't wait to see you all there.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Nancy - wow! You'll have to tell us all about it! I'm curious now as to which RL blog peeps you know. Teebs, thanks for your kind assistance. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home