Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Friday, February 17, 2006

My day has gone all assy

So I fucked up: I was supposed to call my doctor's office, like, 2 or 3 days ago to get my blood test results, and I forgot. And now I'm too late to do a Clomid cycle and IUI this month. You know what? I don't even care. We'll just try the "natural" way this month and to hell with it.

Jesus, how am I every going to take care of a baby if I can't even remember to call my doctor? I feel like a complete ninny.

In other news, I have asked Booby to email me the offending photos mentioned in the last post. I'm going to bite the bullet and show you all my hideous teen years. It can't possibly be more embarrassing than Sars' Picture Imperfect essay (God, that woman is fearless). Of course, I'll also show you my "model" photos (such as they are); the one that received that comment directly was a shot of me in a big black coat with faux fur at the collar and cuffs, New Year's Eve, 1999. My then-boyfriend was an expat Brit, and while I wanted to go out, eat, drink and be merry (Christ, the turn of the millenium only happens once every ...), all he wanted to do was watch the worldwide celebrations on television (yawn), while on the phone with his parents or his sister ("I miss you, too! I miss you more. No, me! Oh, stop!"). Needless to say, it was rather a crap night, and the shot was only taken at my insistence: I wanted photographic proof of my hottie existence on this milestone date. Too bad it was wasted on that asshole. Bitter, me? Naaaah.

OK THEN! Moving on. This weekend promises to be full of fun. We have slated a web development training session (Booby has a freelance gig that will bring us some saving-for-a-bigger-house money, and some putting-in-a-second-bathroom money), cleaning, laundry (of course), and I have vague plans to hang curtains and attach cord cleats to my windows. And if I have time, I will even try to spackle all the staple holes on my hardwood stairs (where the previous owner installed carpet halfway up the damn wall). I could die from the excitement.

Here's hoping your weekend is more fun than mine.

17 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

I spent New Year's Eve '99 sitting on my ex-boyfriend's couch in front of the TV. I'd think we were the same person, yet again, but for the fact that I didn't look modelicious that night.

As for this month's fertility shenanigans.......awww, fuck it. I am thisclose to forgetting the whole thing, relishing the fact that I may never need birth control again, and getting a dog and naming it Baby.

I hope you have a good weekend. It actually does sound pretty exciting to me. Mine will involve cleaning out the vegetable drawer of my refrigerator. Can I please come to Philly soon???

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Cleaning out the vegetable drawer was done earlier in the week. That always makes me feel virtuous, since I do it infrequently.

I'll email you about visiting - soon, it'll wedding season and there won't be any free weekends! And I think you're vacationing in March?

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

A fun weekend? Well, my daughter's off skiing in the Adirondacks. Me? I'm home. Not skiing in the Adirondacks. I will be going on an Eagle Watch tomorrow, though, so I guess that beats cleaning the vegetable drawer.

BTW, the English Muffin Bread receipe has been posted!

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh goody, I'm all about the embarrassing photos. ;-)

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Tink said...

AH! What a tease. I was hoping for some pictures now. Oh well. Have a great weekend.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Scrapbooking all weekend with my sils....I think it's fun, but you might think it qualifies as worse than the stairs.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

Yes, your excitement for your weekend activities came through loud and clear, ha ha. Hope it goes fast.

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And maybe you and Booby can make a trip to Bed Bath & Beyond if you have the time ;o)

I'm sorry about your missing the IUI window, but I totally understand. All this timing stuff gets the better of me a lot. Too much to remember when you're already stressed out. Here's to a month without too much counting.

Have a great weekend!

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NYE 1999 - 2000. I was a block from Times Square...At work. Remember that Y2k thing? We fixed it all that night.

Actually, thats bullshit, I was just playing Unreal Tournment in the server room.

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had me at your post title. Nice. My weekends are always full of super exciting home remodeling stuff, too. Except for the super exciting part. That's not so much. Exciting.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger DebbieDoesLife said...

I cleaned out the fridge today too. Must have been the weekend for it!

Let's see how exciting was today? Went and looked at appliances for the soon to be built house, worked on a group project with 5 7th graders, made dinner and now I am watching Bewitched. Whoooo!! Now that's exciting!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

I love the title of this post.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Jess Riley said...

This IS a fine post title. :) Well, your weekend plans sound more exciting than the way my weekend played out...I watched "Manhattan" for the first time and did laundry. Woo-hoo. Can you feel the excitement.

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger The Big Pugawug said...

1999-2000 New Year's? Spent at 6,000 feet in Sequoia National Park, freezing our asses off among the big trees. If civilization was about to end, at least we'd be in the company of trees who'd seen a couple of millennia.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Arabella said...

The title of this post is STILL making me laugh.

 
At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the others - a good post title, assy day or not.

Cord cleats? Is that what they're called?

I've always called them 'the cord hanging thingy.'

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Mignon said...

I'm alternately laughing at your title and the fact that the previous owners of your house carpeted the walls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home