Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Wednesday, February 08, 2006

This news would've made me way too happy 11 years ago


It seems that Ralph Fiennes is back on the market, ladies. Unfortunately, it also appears that he is a dirty dog.
It was the thrill of my young twentysomething life to see him play Hamlet with Francesca Annis (accompanied by a rabid female friend who had Amon-Goethe-as-sexy-Nazi fantasies and a very understanding boyfriend).

And he seemed so nice and wistful in The Constant Gardener. Ah, well.

Oh, you men! You're all alike!

6 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Mignon said...

Okay, a couple things...
-His 'companion' of 11 years was 62??? Whoa. And that picture??? Whoa.
-I always that Raif was a little annoying since The English Patient. I think he could have tried much harder to get back to the cave. Sheesh!
-You got the book cover picture to work! Nice.

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

I love Ralph, love him. He is always touted as a nice guy as well and now he has cheated on at least 2 women.

I'd take him anyway...yes, yes, I would.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

I loved him in The Constant Gardener (that's where I got the inspiration for my blog name), but I don't think I could date him. I'd have a really hard time getting past the name Ralph. It was my grandfather's name, and I don't think I'd be able to get his image out of my head!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

From one of my favorite English gossip newsletters, Popbitch: Ralph Fiennes is an unlikely heartbreaker. His technique of trying to woo a publicist was to wait until he heard her running a bath in the hotel room next door, then knock on the door and make small talk while she was in her bathrobe, as he stared at her tits. She turned him down.

Oh, Ralph. I think you are undeserving of my young twenties lust now.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Making small talk while staring at her tits...Hey, it really is starting to sound like my grandfather!

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Rock said...

She was 62....thank god he had Romanian Cabaret singer on the side....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home