Mean Girl to the Rescue!

How'm I gonna save the world when the world ain't ready?


Friday, March 03, 2006

Friday Four Meme

I've been tagged by Mignon for the 4 Things Meme (and thank god, too, because I am burned out, seriously):

Four jobs I've had:
Kitchen worker in an Italian takeout restaurant (7 summers! My hands smelled like onions ALL THE TIME)
Nude model (nuff said)
Bookstore Assistant Manager (Sorry, bald dude with crown of thorns tattoo, you're not getting the job.)
Friendly Restaurant Fountain Girl (Do not scoop in a round ball; no, no, NO! The scoop must have a "flare" on the end to better fit it into the cone. Yes, they tech this. Yes, I still scoop ice cream this way.)

Four movies I can watch over and over:
Strange Days (I know. It's pathetic, isn't it? "I'm the Santa Claus of the subconscious," indeed!)
Wings of Desire ("To smoke, and have coffee - and if you do it together, it's fantastic.")
Amateur ("If you think up something really dirty...really perverse...I mean, really disgusting and gross...give me a call. OK?")
Office Space ("Yes, I am also not a pussy.")

Four places I've lived:
Philadelphia, PA
Ocean City, NJ
Elkins Park, PA
Upper Darby, PA
(Boy, do I get around, or what?)

Four places I've been on vacation:
Ireland
Seattle
San Francisco
England

Four websites I visit daily:
Go Fug Yourself
IMDB Gossip
Bloglines
SiteMeter

Four of my favorite foods:
Pan-fried mashed potato cakes with brown gravy
Real diner onion rings
Scrapple/sausage/bacon
My grandmother's (and now my sister's) chocolate meringue pie

Four places I'd rather be:
Soaking in the tub with good-smelling bath salts, a juicy mystery (or copy of Star Magazine), and a big glass of Riesling
On the couch with my loving cats surrounding me (oh, and husband, too, I guess, sure)
Back in Ireland, seeing all the stuff we missed on the first go
On a nature hike in late spring, or, barring that, in my garden

Four bloggers I'm tagging:
Zed World
Izzy
Shell
Pugawag

6 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did they really call your position a Fountain Girl at Friendly's? That sounds so glamorous. Sigh -- I miss Friendly's, the one or two they have in this area are just not the same as the ones in the northeast.

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was the tattoo on his HEAD?

And also when you went to Ireland, if you didn't go to Galway, didn't EVERYONE tell you you should?

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger IzzyMom said...

SCRAPPLE!!!! You've definitely lived in PA. I looooove Scrapple but I haven't had it in eons. And of course, sausage and bacon are right up there with it. Mmmmmm.

I've never been to Ireland but before I die I'm going there. Are you Irish? You have that beautiful red hair so I'm thinking maybe you are :-)

I did this meme in January so here's a link to it

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Katherine said...

Oh, diner onion rings, now I'm gonna have to have some today! I think we need a post on the whole nude model experience! :)

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Table4Five said...

I was thinking the same thing as Katherine-you can't tell us you were a nude model and just leave it at that! Come on!

And could you please give a tutorial on how to scoop ice cream so it has that ruffle around it? I've always wanted to know how to do that.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

Lemme know when you head back to Ireland, I'll try to squeeze into your luggage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home